One Day Training To NGC Cordinators,Thanjavur District - 2017
District Level Training
for Eco-Club Teachers - 2014
On 25th September 2014, Thursday, teachers who are acting as Ecoclub & National Green Corps Coordinators of various middle, high and Higher secondary schools of Thanjavur district attended the field training at Mangrove forest, near Mallipattina, Thanjavur district.
This training was conducted by C.P.R Environmnetal Education Centre, Chennai and OMCAR Foundation at OMCAR Palk Bay Environmental Education Centre located at Velivayal coastal village, near Mallipattinam.
Here, the importance of Marine conservation, biodiversity of mangroves and its conservation management, need of mangrove awareness among public and education about marine and coastal areas were discussed.
Underwater research equipments and scientific instruments which are useful to study the marine sediments, solar energy equipments were displayed for the participants.
Resource persons who were conducted the training
1. Mr. U. Thirunavukarasu, Scientist, CPR Environment Education Centre, Chennai.
2. Mr. Gowthem, Science Communication Officer, CPR Foundation
3. Dr.V.Balaji, Director, OMCAR Foundation
4. Dr. B. Rammanohar, District Eco club coordinator, School Education Department, Thanjavur
5. Dr.C.Sivasubramanian, Environment Science Department, Tamil University
Teachers have visited the mangrove forest near the research centre. Dr. V. Balaji demonstrated the equipments like scuba diving gears, underwater cameras, marine sediment samplers, solar cookers, and environment friendly paddle pump and mangrove nursery.
Mr. Thirunavukarsu, Education Officer stressed the need of environmental education and field methods to teachers.